History of Development
The Far Eastern Marine Research, Design and Technology Institute (FEMRI) was founded 96 years ago.
Department for Port Surveys in the Pacific Ocean (UPITO) was founded in the Far East by a decree of the People’s Commissar of Communications on 12 May 1926.
UPITO incorporated into the Building Trust “Dalvodstroy Narkomvoda” and named "Design and Survey Bureau of Dalvodstroy" in 1931.
Bureau reorganized into "Dalmorproyekt” (Far Eastern Branch of the Central Marine Design Institute) in 1940.
1960 - Branch renamed into the Far Eastern Branch of the State Marine Transport Design, Survey and Research Institute “SoyuzmorNIIproyekt" — “DalmorNIIproyekt”. By Merchant Fleet Minister’s order, “DalmorNIIproyekt,”
“DalmorNIIproyekt”, Far Eastern Central Project & Designing Bureau (founded in 1948) and Far Eastern Branch of Central Marine Research Institute (founded in 1958) were merged into FEMRI Institute in 1987.
In 1993 FEMRI went public and became a Public Joint Stock Company with shares available for public ownership.
Since June 22, 2016, the legal form of organization has changed to a Joint Stock Company.
Тhe Joint Stock Company “Far Eastern Marine Research, Design and Technology Institute” (JSC “FEMRI”) is an industry dedicated regional institute, performing research, engineering, survey, designing and technology development activities in areas of seaport development and reconstruction, marine civil construction, ship repair, new ship and floating craft designing, in-use ship retrofitting, ship equipment with electrical radionavigation instruments, cargo handling technologies, marine technical maintenance, safety of navigation, maritime transport
operation and economy, industrial and civil construction (including housing development, cultural and community facilities), seismic proof construction, environment protection, surveyor services.